Financial Modeling Case Competition Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) together with any specific rules set out by CFI Education Inc. for a case competition (the “Rules”) apply to any competition (“Competition”) sponsored by CFI Education Inc. By entering any Competition, entrants agree to abide by these Terms and Conditions and any applicable Rules. In the event of any discrepancy between these Terms and Conditions and the Rules, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail. The decisions of CFI Education Inc. with respect to all aspects of the Competition are final. There is no requirement to make any purchase in order to access the CFI Education Inc. website. There is a financial cost attached to entering a Competition.
1. COMPETITION SPONSOR: The Competition is sponsored by CFI Education Inc., 16th Floor, 595 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC V7X 1L3 Canada (“CFI”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Competition is open to any natural person (an “Entrant”), excluding residents of Quebec, Canada. No person may enter the Competition if the Competition breaches any law or regulation of the jurisdiction in which they are resident. Unless otherwise stated in the Rules, the Competition is open to persons of any age. Prize-winners may be required to provide proof of identity for verification purposes. Entrants may also enter the Competition as a team. Teams may be composed of up to 5 Entrants. No alternates or substitutions of Entrants are permitted on a team. Employees, officers, representatives, agents, and directors (including immediate family and members of the same household of such persons, whether related or not) of CFI (and its affiliates, representatives, agents, advertising or promotional agencies) are not eligible to enter the Competition. “Immediate family” means mother, father, sister, brother, son, daughter and spouse, including common law spouse, regardless of where they reside. English is the official language of the Competition and all communications, submissions and other correspondence with CFI concerning the Competition must be in English or will not be accepted.
3. HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Competition, Entrants must register by completing the registration form provided on CFI’s website (registration is located here). Where Entrants are participating as a team, a team captain must be designated as the point of contact for the Competition. Only one registration per person or per team is permitted. Entrants may only participate as an individual, or as a member of a team, and not in both capacities. If CFI discovers or has reasonable grounds to believe that the same person has made multiple registrations, such person and any registrations made by that person shall be disqualified and, if such person has already been selected as a Prize-winner, an alternative Prize-winner will be selected. All Entrant or team registrations must be submitted through CFI’s website. Registrations provided by any other means will not be accepted. Entrants or teams must complete their registration no later than 00:01 UTC (12:01am) on Friday, November 2, 2018. CFI is not responsible for any late, lost, illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled, partial, or incomplete entries, which will be void, and will not be eligible for any Prize.
4. CONTENT OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES: Case analysis must meet all requirements set out in the Rules. Entry and all materials submitted in connection with entry must be the original unpublished work of Entrant or team and must not violate the rights of any third party, including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights (such as copyrights) or rights of privacy/publicity.
5. PRIZES: The Competition will award prizes for the top three performing Entrants or teams valued at CAD$7,000 for the Entrant or team placing first in the Competition, CAD$2,000 for the Entrant or team placing second in the Competition, and CAD$1,000 for the Entrant or team placing third in the Competition. The odds of winning depend on the number of Eligible Entries participating in the Competition.
In the event that a Prize winner does not use any portion of a Prize, there will be no transfer, substitution or any kind of compensation provided. Prizes must be accepted as awarded without substitution and are not transferable. CFI reserves the right, in the event that a Prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason, to substitute another prize of equal or greater value, without liability. Prize winners are solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the Prize(s).
6. HOW TO WIN: Competition submissions by Entrants or teams will be judged by a panel of experts determined by CFI. Submissions will be judged subjectively by the judging panel and scored in accordance with the rubric included in the Rules.
CFI reserves the right to set or amend the criteria used to judge Entries.
7. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Prize winners will be notified by e-mail to the address indicated on their registration form no later than twenty-four hours after completion of the Competition. Prize winners must acknowledge receipt of notification within forty-eight hours after sending by CFI. In the case of a team, the team captain will be notified. CFI will make no more than two attempts to contact a Prize winner before disqualifying the Entrant or team from the Competition and re-allocating Prizes to the next highest scoring Entrant or team (e.g., if the first Prize winner cannot be reached, he or she will be disqualified and the Entrant or team with the second highest score will be declared the First Prize winner). CFI will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact a selected winner.
8. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: By entering the Competition, all Entrants (i) acknowledge compliance with these Terms and Conditions and the Rules, including all eligibility requirements, (ii) acknowledge acceptance of the Prizes as awarded, and (iii) agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and the Rules, and by the decisions of CFI, made in its sole discretion, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to this Competition. Entrants who have not complied with these Terms and Conditions or the Rules are subject to disqualification.
9. CANCELLATION: CFI reserves the right to terminate or suspend this Competition or to amend the Terms and Conditions at any time and in any way, without prior notice. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Competition is not capable of running as originally planned, CFI reserves the right to cancel the Competition and select a winner from all previously received Eligible Entries. CFI shall not be held responsible for any problems, errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Competition.
10. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, GRANT OF LICENSE AND PUBLICITY RELEASE/ ASSIGNMENT OF RIGHTS: As a condition of entering the Competition and to be eligible for a potential Prize, the Entrants grant CFI and its agents a perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free license and right to record, copy, use, transform, edit, adapt and/or modify, reproduce, distribute, transmit, publish, broadcast, perform, merchandise, license, sublicense, display, or otherwise use the entry materials, and Entrant’s name, photograph, likeness, voice, biographical information, statements and complete address (collectively, the “Attributes”), with or without modifications, in any form or medium, whether now existing or later developed, including for advertising and/or publicity purposes (except where prohibited by law),without limitation and without any additional compensation to Entrant (including his or her heirs and assigns), and releases CFI from all claims arising out of the use of such Attributes. Submission of an entry further constitutes Entrant’s consent to irrevocably assign and transfer to CFI any and all rights, title and interest in and to the entry, including, without limitation, all copyrights. All entries and associated materials, along with all copyright, trademark and other proprietary rights associated therewith, become the property of CFI upon submission, and Entry materials will not be returned to any Entrant.
11. DISQUALIFICATION: CFI reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual or team who is found to be acting in violation of these Terms and Conditions, the Rules or any applicable law (including copyright law), or to be acting in an un-sportsman-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Competition, or to disparage, annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and CFI reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. No incomplete, forged, software-generated or other automated multiple entries will be accepted. Each Entrant acknowledges and agrees that any failure to comply with the Terms and Conditions or the Rules could lead to CFI disqualifying that person, without CFI giving any reason for such disqualification or granting any opportunity for challenge. In the event that a Prize-winner is disqualified from the Competition, CFI will, unless otherwise stated in the Terms and Conditions or the Rules, select an alternative prize-winner in the same manner as the original Prize-winner and such selection will be subject to the Terms and Conditions and the Rules.
12. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: CFI does not assume any responsibility for (i) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information and entries that fail to comply with these Terms and Conditions and the Rules; (ii) any loss, damage, or claims arising from, or caused by the use/misuse of an awarded Prize or the Competition itself; (iii) the judging process, including the outcome of the Competition, or (iv) any failure of the Competition website during the period during which a Competition is held, including any problems, human or technical, printing errors, lost, delayed, garbled data or transmissions, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects or failures of any telephone or computer lines, or technical malfunction of any computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from downloading any material connected to the Competition, all of which may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Competition. Entry material/data that has been tampered with or altered is void. All Entrants agrees to fully indemnify CFI and its agents and affiliates from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Competition, without limitation.
13. DISPUTES: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of the Terms and Conditions, the Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrants and the CFI in connection with the Competition, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of British Columbia and the laws of Canada applicable therein in respect of residents of the other Canadian provinces/territories, without regard to conflicts of law principles. Any attempt by an Entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Competition could be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, CFI reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. This Competition is subject to all federal, provincial/territorial, and municipal laws.
14. THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS PREVAIL: In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and disclosures or other statements contained in any Competition-related materials, including, but not limited to print or online advertising, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Terms and Conditions shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
16. WINNER’S LIST: A list of the Prize winners will be published on this website at: Financial Modeling World Rankings